Witaj, nieznajomy!

Wygląda na to, że jesteś tutaj nowy. Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział, należy kliknąć jeden z tych przycisków!

Facing Reality: Exploring Abortion

edytowano październik 2007 w Ogólna
http://media2.foxnews.com/102607/102607_abortion_special_300.swf

Kayla is pregnant, and she is facing a heart-wrenching choice that thousands of other women will make this year.

The 20-year-old student is deciding whether to have an abortion.

Her story is part of "Facing Reality, Choice," a FOX News documentary that will air Saturday, Oct. 27, at 9 p.m. ET on FOX News Channel. The show explores the abortion issue through the eyes of three women confronting what is undoubtedly the hardest decision they've ever made.

Along with Kayla, FOX News spent a year following Jeanne, 30, a mother of five who is struggling with a drug problem, and Brooke, a 26-year-old who has tried desperately to conceive in this new documentary, which also shows an abortion procedure.

"It is a moral crisis for them ... this is not a black and white issue," gynecologist Dr. William Harrison said. "It's not something that you can say, you know, 'This is good and this is bad.' It's a mix ... The woman who's making that decision is the only person that can make that moral choice for herself."

For Jeanne â?? who has five kids, all of whom live elsewhere â?? a sixth pregnancy means thinking about "the right thing to do." She herself was adopted and considers weighing it as an alternative to abortion.

"I mean all that's still playing in my mind, but in the back of my mind it's like, you know what, why go through with this all over again, you know just kinda ... just do it and get it done," Jeanne said.

Brooke, who's pregnant after years of trying to have a second baby with her husband, Tom, must consider abortion when doctors find a rare chromosome abnormality in her fetus.

Kayla, a cosmetology student who grew up in a religious household and wore a chastity ring throughout high school, found herself pregnant after falling for 24-year-old Billy.

"He has these huge, huge brown eyes and beautiful eyelashes," she said. "And he had glanced over at me and you know I, he caught me looking at, I was like 'Oh,' and I decided 'Hey, I think I like this guy.'"

Everything seemed perfect. Even the surprise that Kayla had conceived was greeted as a blessing.

"I was excited," she said. "You know, my roommate was pregnant, so I was excited that we were going to be able to go through it together."

Ironically, Kayla's mother, Cathy, was in the same situation. She married Kayla's father when she was eight months pregnant.

â??I asked her one day in the car if I was a mistake," Kayla said. â??And she said there were no mistakes in God's eyes and that I was just a surprise."

"Yeah, she was a surprise," Cathy said. "But she was a good surprise."

Kayla, though, began having doubts about becoming a mother when her friends and the community chastised her for being single and pregnant. It wasn't much later until her boyfriend started doing the same.

"It made me realize what kind of father he would be if he was going to resent me; and if he was going to resent this kid for the rest of his life, why go through with it?" she said. "There's ... nobody deserves to go through that."

więcej

Aby napisać komentarz, musisz się zalogować lub zarejestrować.